| || |
Prado Dam is an existing facility constructed by the Corps or Engineers in 1941. The plan of improvement for Prado Dam, which has an estimated cost of $740 million includes:
- Raising the existing embankment 28.4 feet to an elevation of 594.4 feet - Completed.
- Raising the spillway crest from elevation of 543 ft. to 563 ft.
- Constructing new outlet works increasing the maximum discharge capacity from 9,000 cfs to 30,000 cfs - Completed.
- Constructing new levees and dikes.
- Acquiring over 2,300 acres of property rights for reservoir expansion.
- Relocating and protecting 30 various utility lines.
- Increasing reservoir area from 6,695 acres to 10,256 acres.
- Increasing-impoundment from 217,000 acre-feet to 362,000 acre-feet.
Prado Dam Project Features
Construction of the new intake
Raising of the existing