| || |
- Since we recently had a 100-year flood, I will be safe from flooding for another 100 years.
- If my house or property was not flooded in the last flood, then it is not in a floodplain and I don't need to be concerned about flooding.
- If I locate my home outside the floodplain I will never have any flood damages.
- If it is not raining in my neighborhood, then the wash next to my house will not flow.
- Placing branches along the embankment of a wash is an effective method of flood protection.
- If a roadway dip section looks like it has only 6-8 inches of water running over it, then it is safe for me to cross.
- I can make any drainage improvement I need to on my own private land.